Job no: 503908
Work type: Contract/Fixed Term, Full time
Location: Melbourne - CBD & Surrounds
Are you looking for your next challenge?
The Australian Venue Co. family are looking for enthusiastic, detail-oriented Finance Administrator to join our passionate team here at AVC! This is an exciting opportunity to join a forward thinking and industry leading hospitality company with a culture of collaboration!
So, why choose us?
Australian Venue Co. are a growing business who are looking for dynamic team players to help us keep up with the pace! We operate some of Melbourne’s classics like The Duke , The Provincial in Fitzroy and everyone’s favourite bottomless brunch hotspot, Fargo & Co.
With no signs of slowing down, our continued growth provides you with boundless career development potential! Every Venue we open offers world-class hospitality opportunities and we need people like you on the ground to continue to build on that success!
What we need
- At least 1 year’s experience in an office environment / similar role
- Proven financial reconciliation experience
- Working towards an accounting degree (would be an advantage)
- The ability to adapt quickly to new accounting applications and systems
- Strong communication skill
- Attention to detail
- Strong organisational skills
- Initiative and drive
- A positive and flexible approach to their work
- positive and flexible approach to their work
- Willingness to be supportive of the greater Head Office team
What you'll be doing
- Completion of bank account reconciliations over several different bank account and entities.
- Completion of cash clearing reconciliations on a weekly basis
- Input and loading of weekly pay runs into online banking portal
- Assistance and troubleshooting of automated revenue data import
- Assistance with reconciliation of venue debtors / functions over 150+ venues
- Review and input of petty cash receipts
- Preparation and review of weekly cash variance reports
- Assisting with external Audits as required
- Supporting the Finance department with ad hoc projects as directed
What you'll bring to the table
- Provide excellent service to and communication with all stakeholders
- Provide timely, prompt, friendly and efficient service to internal and external customers, particularly in relation to processing of payments and resolving queries related to cash reconciliations and function deposit receipts.
- Proactively collaborate and work with other Finance admin team members, broader finance team members and operational staff to achieve optimal business outcomes
- Meet the AVC Way and the finance team expectations of behaviour and responsiveness.
- Comply with AVC policies and procedures
What you will be served in return
An opportunity to start a career with Australian Venue Co! We offer you the chance to work in a dynamic company where we welcome and encourage innovative ideas. We offer a competitive salary and always reward hard work and success.
Where do I sign Up?
Apply now or jump onto our careers page and one of our friendly team members will be in touch with you soon, good luck!
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend