Function Operations Manager
Job no: 504487
Work type: Full time
Location: Melbourne - CBD & Surrounds
Categories: Venue Management
Are you looking for your next challenge?
The Australian Venue Co. family are currently on the hunt for an exceptionally organised individual to join our team as a Function Operations Manager at one of Melbourne’s most prestigious event spaces, The Park!
Located on the picturesque Albert Park Lake and Rivers Edge located in the thriving North Wharf precinct. The Park is renowned for its tranquil lakeside views, extravagant chandeliers, open and stylish warehouse interiors and dramatic arched windows which offer an abundance of natural light from all angles making this an event space that offers an array of function and event capabilities.
Rivers Edge, located in the thriving North Wharf precinct of Melbourne’s CBD, with pristine Yarra River and city surrounds sights, River’s Edge Events is best known for its spectacular views, sophisticated design and floor to ceiling glass expanses offering an abundance of natural light.
So, why choose us?
Australian Venue Co. are a growing business who are looking for dynamic team players to help us keep up with the pace! We operate some of Melbourne’s classics like The Duke, The Provincial in Fitzroy and everyone’s favourite bottomless brunch hotspot, Fargo & Co.
With no signs of slowing down, our continued growth provides you with boundless career development potential! Every Venue we open offers world-class hospitality opportunities and we need people like you on the ground to continue to build on that success!
Skills and experience we are looking for
• A minimum of 3 years function management experience managing both small and large scale events
• Proactive approach to positive guests experiences by always looking for ways to enhance guests and client's experience.
• Ability to provide a high level of customer service while being able to solve problems when managing unexpected situations or complaints
• Hands on approach and a 'can do' attitude
• Sound knowledge of banquet operations
• The ability to lead, motivate and engage large teams
• Ability to ensure high level of communication with internal and external stakeholders in high pressure and busy environments
• Organised with the ability plan ahead
• Preparing rosters to budget
• Experience in working across a variety of events that includes, weddings, corporate functions, gala dinners, bat mitzvahs, cocktail parties and conferences.
• Lead with an honest approach and have a natural respect for others needs and differences
• Confident with the ability to shine under pressure
• Above average knowledge (almost expert) with most office related programs
• Professional appearance with a positive attitude that goes the extra mile for their clients
What you will be served in return
An opportunity to start a career with Australian Venue Co. in one of our amazing venues. We offer you the chance to work in a dynamic company where we welcome and encourage innovative ideas. We offer a competitive salary and always reward hard work and success.
Where do I sign Up?
Apply now or jump onto our careers page and one of our friendly team members will be in touch with you soon, good luck!
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend